The purpose of GHSC is to empower the community to increase knowledge and opportunities for Scott County residents to start “feeling good” through healthy lifestyle choices.
Vision: “Together Scott County will be a community of abundant life and dignity where recovery is always possible.”
Mission: This groups provides structure and support to individuals, families, and the Scott County community as it relates to substance abuse prevention, treatment, and life-long recovery by:
- Creating a comprehensive system of care that is easily accessible from multiple entry points without barriers
- Increasing education and awareness to decrease discrimination and stigma of substance use disorder
- Considering and treatment childhood trauma as a root cause
- Mobilizing primary care providers, faith community groups, and service providers to meet basic health and wellness needs
- All services respectful and with dignity
- Open to all treatment and recovery options
- Support the wellness of each other as we support the wellness of others
- Value all viewpoints; remove personal biases
- Utilize best practices
- Inclusive of people affected by Substance Use Disorder
- Continuous education of the public about the disease
Meetings: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, 12 to 1 pm, at the Lifelong Learning Center in Scottsburg.