The purpose of GHSC is to empower the community to increase knowledge and opportunities for Scott County residents to start “feeling good” through healthy lifestyle choices.
Vision: “Together Scott County will be a community of abundant life and dignity where recovery is always possible.”
Mission: This groups provides structure and support to individuals, families, and the Scott County community as it relates to substance abuse prevention, treatment, and life-long recovery by:
- Creating a comprehensive system of care that is easily accessible from multiple entry points without barriers
- Increasing education and awareness to decrease discrimination and stigma of substance use disorder
- Considering and treatment childhood trauma as a root cause
- Mobilizing primary care providers, faith community groups, and service providers to meet basic health and wellness needs
- All services respectful and with dignity
- Open to all treatment and recovery options
- Support the wellness of each other as we support the wellness of others
- Value all viewpoints; remove personal biases
- Utilize best practices
- Inclusive of people affected by Substance Use Disorder
- Continuous education of the public about the disease
Meetings: 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, 12 to 1 pm, at the Lifelong Learning Center in Scottsburg.
MONDAY AA Open Discussion: Maranatha House, 87 Washington St., Scottsburg, 7-8 p.m.
MONDAY NA “Never Alone” Open Discussion: Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, 6-7 pm.
TUESDAY AA Closed Women’s Discussion: Maranatha House, 87 Washington St., Scottsburg, 6-7 p.m.
TUESDAY Celebrate Recovery (CR): Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, 6-8 pm.
WEDNESDAY Women’s Empowerment Group: Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin. Women working together to solve problems. 4-6 pm. Free Dinner.
WEDNESDAY AA Closed Discussion: Presbyterian Church Basement, 396 W. McClain Ave., Scottsburg, 8-9 p.m.
WEDNESDAY AA Water Under the Bridge: Hope 2 Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, 6:30-7:30 pm.
THURSDAY NA “Hope For Us” Open Discussion: Lifelong Learning Center, 1092 W. Community Way, Scottsburg, 7-8:30 pm.
THURSDAY AA: Heritage Station Train Depot, 90 N. Main St., Scottsburg, 8-9 pm.
FRIDAY AA Sober A.M.: Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, 11 am-12 pm.
FRIDAY Recovery Support Walk-In Center, Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, Food, coffee, support, 12-4 pm.
FRIDAY Hope Over Dope, PEERS Recovery Support Group, Hope To Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin, 6:30-8 pm. Free Dinner.
SATURDAY NA “Hope For Us” Open Discussion, Lifelong Learning Center, 1092 W. Community Way, Scottsburg, 2-3 pm.
SATURDAY AA Closed Discussion, Heritage Station Train Depot, 90 N. Main St., Scottsburg, 8-9 pm.
Support Groups for Family Members
Al-Anon: A group of friends and relatives OF alcoholics/addicts. Give-Away Group, Maranatha House, 87 Washington St., Scottsburg, 8-9 p.m.
SANITY: Helping struggling family members learn how to stop enabling adult children. First Christian Church Library or room 104, 255 W. McClain Ave., Scottsburg, Thursday 7-8 pm. Enter through center back door.
Youth: Meals, groups, activities. Hope 2 Others, 485 Mann Ave., Austin. Thursday 6 pm. (TEENS 12+).
AA = Alcoholics Anonymous NA = Narcotics Anonymous CR = Celebrate Recovery