“Working Together for a Greater Scott County!”
Community Collaborators taking action to create a competitive workforce, encourage a robust economy, gainful employment and a high quality of life through initiatives in education, training, and support services.
Strategic Plan Target Areas
- Ensure broad representation of leadership from the Scott County community.
- Pursue appropriate initiatives in education, training and social services and be results-oriented.
- Create networking around issues, convene collaboration and incubate new initiatives.
- Find the dollars necessary to achieve our goals.
“To provide a variety of employment and training services to Scott County residents for the purpose of enhancing their knowledge and skills to ensure maximum employability, self-sufficiency and a higher quality of life.”
- “Develop and maintain working relationships with superintendents, principals, and other key personnel of both school districts and the Mid-America Science Park to create complementary programs and links between the school systems, the Scott County Partnership programs and employers.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with private industry, government agencies, and not-for-profits creating more positive workplaces to help businesses retain good talent, to support, encourage and train emerging talent, and put unemployed or low-wage workers to work.
- Encourage STEM activities with schools (Science, Technology, Engineering Math) Market the LifeLongLearningCenter to increase awareness and utilization of services.
- Help employees be successful in their jobs by working with private industry, agencies, and others to ensure employees have training and support services needed to be successful in the workplace.
The Clearinghouse was envisioned by the community and built in a day by the community in 1999. It exists as both a system and a building helping those less fortunate in our community. The Scott County Community Clearinghouse mission is:
“To coordinate crisis efforts in Scott County through community-wide partnership of caring individuals, organizations and churches to help those in need and promote self-sufficiency.”
- Provide food and other necessities to people in need in Scott County through coordinating governmental and local benevolence systems.
- Involve the faith community through donations, volunteers and planning.
- Develop sources of income to enable the Clearinghouse to be self-sustaining.
“To break down barriers for families trapped in the cycle of dependency and to create systems to increase family self-sufficiency in Scott County”
- Assist Scott County families to become self-sufficient through financial literacy classes, family mentoring programs, and Circles® Campaign.
- Increase awareness in Scott County through involvement with CEASe, of the magnitude of the substance abuse problem and work toward a coordinated system of prevention, intervention and treatment.
Youth and education goals were greatly assisted during the past seven years through the Community Alliance to Promote Education initiative funded by Lilly Endowment through the Community Foundation.
“To strengthen the community by preparing youth with the skills that will enable them to be responsible and contributing members of society”
- Encourage a focus on parents, family and children through five years of age.
- Encourage positive youth outcomes and readiness for the world of work.
- Encourage kids to stay in school and aspire to higher education through a focus on drop out prevention and creating alternative learning opportunities.
- Connect communities to schools through volunteer recruitment and shared projects.