The Office of the Attorney General and the Prescription Drug Abuse Task Force is offering a FREE online CME video course on The Opioid Epidemic and Indiana’s Opioid Prescribing Laws.
About the Program:
- Free online 50 minute CME course
- Offered by the Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Task Force through the Office of the Attorney General
- Indiana State Medical Association (ISMA)* designates this program for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
- Presented by Task Force Members, Palmer MacKie, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine at Eskenazi Health and Amy LaHood, M.D., Family Medicine Physician at St. Vincent Health Network
- Introduction by Indiana Attorney General Greg Zoeller and Indiana State Health Commissioner, William C. VanNess, II, MD.
What Prescribers Will Learn:
- Gain a better understanding of the scope of the prescription drug abuse epidemic in Indiana and how overprescribing has been a major factor
- The new Indiana laws governing the prescribing of opioids to chronic non-terminal pain patients
- Effective strategies to properly manage chronic non-terminal pain patients by using the First Do No Harm Toolkit as a guide
For more information and to view the course, go to http://www.in.gov/bitterpill/continuing_education.html